Do not take Generic Levitra Soft if you are taking any of the following medications:
nitroglycerin-type drugs for the heart or chest pain such as amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin, even if these are only taken occasionally. This includes some recreational drugs called 'poppers' which also contain amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate.
Vardenafil may also interact with the following medications:
- Alpha blockers such as alfuzosin (UroXatralÂ®), doxazosin (CarduraÂ®), prazosin (MinipressÂ®), tamsulosin (FlomaxÂ®), or terazosin (HytrinÂ®), used to treat high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate.
- Arsenic trioxide
- Certain antibiotics such as clarithromycin, erythromycin, sparfloxacin, troleandomycin
- Certain medicines used for seizures such as carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital
- Certain medicines for the treatment of HIV infection or AIDS
- Certain medicines to control the heart rhythm (e.g., amiodarone, disopyramide, dofetilide, flecainide, ibutilide, quinidine, procainamide, propafenone, sotalol)
- Grapefruit juice
- Medicines for fungal infections (fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole)
- Rifabutin, rifampin, or rifapentine
- Some medicines for treating depression or mood problems (amoxapine, maprotiline, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, nefazodone, pimozide, phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants)
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products. Also tell your doctor or health care professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke, or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.